A Beast's Burden (Alpha Release)
You are a magnificent creature of legend, a Beast of Myth … and you do not want to die. Unfortunately, this world is full of rabid hunters who are not willing to give you a moment of peace. So every day is a battle to survive, fighting to defeat those who would bring you down and transform you into a trophy upon their mantlepiece. Strike down the waves of incoming foes, and use the knowledge gained by defeating them to unlock the power hidden within you, the better to endure until tomorrow.
A Beast's Burden is a solo defense game which will enable you to select a legendary beast, generate waves of enemies, and attempt to triumph over them through tactical use of powers. Between each wave you will have the opportunity to upgrade your capabilities before heading out into the fray.
The Alpha Release is playable and contains the following:
- Three Game Lengths (Short, Medium, and Long) and three Difficulties
- Two modes of gameplay (Fixed waves and Random waves)
- 10 encounterable enemy types
- Caltrop Core-derived combat system
- One Fixed Campaign
- One playable Beast of Myth: The Drakken
This game is in active development, meaning that it will receive updates and expansions in the future. Once it does its pricing will be subject to adjustment. The following
- New Fixed Campaign compositions
- New encounterable enemies
- New playable Beasts of Myth
- New upgrade paths and opportunities
- (Possibly) New gameplay modes
- (Possibly) New Difficulties
This work is based on Caltrop Core, published by Titanomachy RPG. The Caltrop Core SRD is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.97 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
For those who want to check out the game without purchasing. Refreshes with sales, ratings, or as it pleases me!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.